Wai Ora Massage
Hells Gate Mud Facial
New Zealand Spa
at Hells Gate including
Wai Ora geothermal
The "Wai Ora" Massage and mud therapies are undertaken by our trained staff. The massage regime has at its core the unique traditional Wai Ora Massage which can be delivered as a half hour or one hour experience. It encompasses a relaxing full body massage incorporating elements of Miri Miri (Maori massage technique). The traditional massage regime has been practised by Maori for over 700 years. The regime also includes elements of spirituality, energy balancing, therapeutic massage, deep tissue massage and relaxation massage.
The Mud Therapies utilises Hells Gate unique 'Alite' Mud Spa products. Spoil yourself with either or both of our treatments:
- Hells Gate Mud Facial - a relaxing 45 minute facial.
- The process revitalises the skin through its gentle exfoliating and detoxifying action, leaving your skin glowing with a healthy vitality.
Rotorua Mud Body Scrub & Mask - the mud body scrub is liberally smoothed over the client's body which will purify and refresh the skin, then the mud body mask is applied to provide a gentle exfoliation, refreshing the skin and leaving it looking full of vitality.
The unique geothermal muds and waters at Hells Gate and Wai Ora Spa are renown for their curative and invigorating properties. The special qualities and muds and waters of Hells Gate, Tikitere have been sought after many documented and medically certified cures being effected. Additional properties of Hells Gate muds include:
- Very strong affinity to moisture in the skin making it an excellent product for promoting regenerating skin cells.
- Detoxifying and purifying action of the mud on the skin when drying.
- Highly active day surfaces of the mud that easily absorbs excess oils and fatty secreations from within the skins pores.
- Bacteriacidical properties of the mud through it's sulphur content which kills bacteria and assists in the prevention and elimination of acne.
The facility has eight purpose-built treatment rooms that impress on the client the sense of New Zealand and all that it offers down to the Manuka (New Zealand's native Tea Tree) oil essence that gently permeates the rooms. Two of the rooms have been specially set up for couples or 'honeymooners' who wish to share this unique massage experience.